December 7, 2018

September 10, 2018

August 27, 2018

July 30, 2018

Please reload

Recent Posts

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Featured Posts

My grateful heart

July 30, 2018

It's here! My first blog post!   


Where do I start? 


I'm back in the swing of things. I'm so ready to get my photography business back on track and it feels amazing! I've had a year of putting my business on hold but I've also had that time to spend with my little humans at home. It's been a tough one, probably the hardest year of my life but also very rewarding getting to know our baby girl Alice who has melted all of our hearts, especially her big brother Jonas'.


So lets begin my blog by turning back time to just over a year ago. I'm going to share an experience that has changed me these past 12 months. The story of when we had miss Alice and our family was complete. I I'm really putting myself out there but I think it's important to share my story because what happened to me is very rare and it's good for others to know the signs and symptoms if it would to happen to you or someone you know.

When I was heavily pregnant I was a busy working mum with my photography business in full swing. I was very excited and planned to have it back up and running again a couple of months after giving birth. But sometimes life doesn't turn out the way you plan...


At the last stretch of my pregnancy I went to see my midwife for a general checkup. She noticed that I took little pauses in the middle of sentences and asked me if I always talked like that, gasping for air as I was sitting down having a conversation. I hadn't thought of it until she mentioned it but I had noticed that my life had gotten a little harder as I struggled to stand up and walk for more than a few minutes before I had to sit back down again and rest, something I had only just put down to entering the third trimester of pregnancy. 

My first pregnancy had been very easy compared to this one but I thought all pregnancies were different and I was just exhausted running after a toddler this time around. My midwife took my blood pressure which was abnormally high and ordered me to stay for more tests resulting in me being admitted overnight. They found nothing unusual and my blood pressure had come back down again by the morning so I got sent home.


A few weeks went by and I felt pretty much the same as before but I was struggling with my everyday chores such as pushing a trolley around the shops and walking for more than 50 meters before I had to stop and rest for a while.